Sunday, April 30, 2006

Oopss.. ashamed

We all know Mother's Day is approaching. My bro's gf is so nice and considerate that I feel so ashamed of myself. She will be out of town that weekend due to work committments, so right now she's actually thinking of ordering a cake for my mum and have it delivered on that day. It didn't cross my mind to get anything for my mum, but yet my bro gf's is so enthusiastic about it.

She asked me what type of cakes my mum would prefer but my mind drew a blank. I don't seem to have the slightest idea what my mum would like!! Now, I really ought to be ashamed of myself. After bringing me up for 23 years, I still don't know my mum's preference. Actually, its not only my mum, I do not know the likes and dislikes of any of my family member!! Just realised how much I've taken my family for granted. They're always the ones who know my preference but yet, I know nothing about them. *sighz*

In the end, the only info I could give my bro's gf was that my mum don't like creamy cakes. Not much help, right? But really, that's all I know. Knowing how much I have taken my family for granted, I ought to do something about it, and I'll do my best to not be a self-centred kid anymore and pay more attention to the people around me. =)

No comments: