Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hibernate

I'm having a super looong and extended 'weekendz' which started last Thurs and will end next Tues!! =) I should be really happy with this long break that I so deserve after slogging so hard at work. But it ain't so, cause I still need to contend with my studies. Doesn't help that I ain't in the mood to study for I only feel like sleeping the days and nitez away... in other words... HIBERNATE!! Not forgetting, I also need time to enjoy myself.

Sat morn was spent fishing at Penjuru Jetty. I think that fishing will be perfect if someone brought along a music player. At least it won't be so dull and boring while waiting for the fish to bite. There were a couple of 'bites', but we never caught a single fish. The fish just bit off part of the bait and never got hooked! What a pity. Not long after, the weather took a change for the worse and it started pouring pretty heavily. Left with no choice, we packed and left. One of my friends then made a very interesting comment, 'the feeling is worse than my whole class failing the exams'. Yes, he's a teacher and he was really disappointed to just leave like that. When I got home in the afternoon, I crashed into bed and slept for the rest of the day.

It was off to blading on Sun aft. But we spent more time on lunch, then on blading. *lol* Itz cause my nephew was taking part in some baby contest and I had to go to show my support. Alas, I wasted my entire afternoon. There wasn't any form of contest at all. The babies were all screened by the doctors and the doctors are the ones who shortlist the babies for the 3 categories of, 'cutest baby', 'healthiest baby', 'most look-alike parent-baby'. For each cat, only 3 babies were called on stage. From there, the audience gets to vote. We were still expecting there to be some sort of performance put up by the babies. Maybe watch them crawl or something. But nothing. My nephew wasn't picked for any of the above, so ya, a whole aft wasted. It was really tiring to have to stand the entire aft too. At night, I met up with the group again for coffee at the Airport. As usual, loads of jokes cracked and the 'racist' comments/jokes made so reminded me of a friend who's now on exchange in the US. I never knew I could find a 2nd, even a 3rd person like him! We also went to check out the new budget terminal. We were throwing out our views on what the terminal will look like. But none of our guesses were right. It was much better than what we had imagined it to be... I think the staff must be wondering what this group of ppl are doing, exploring the airport at 1am in the morn. I have no idea either but it was a laughter-filled nite.

So my hibernating began on Monday. I woke up only to take brunch and crashed back into bed shortly after. I never woke up till it was time to take dinner. I feel like a PIG!! But there really wasn't anyway I could lift my eyelids, let alone drag myself out of bed. So my plans of studying was foiled. I finally started flipping the books on Tues. Progress so far - 1++ book out of 5. My aim is to finish 3.5 books by next Tues. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can do it since the weather is sweltering hot and makes it really difficult to study, and my aft naps are sooooo looooong that I think I'm hibernating more than I'm studying. *sighz* I'm beginning to ask myself again why did I choose to torture myself by registering for the exams and forcing myself to study? Not like itz gonna get me anywhere. Was whining about having to juggle work and studies to my fren whoz still in U. He asked if I would rather be like him and have to study 18hrs a day? Alrightz, so it doesn't really matter how I fare in my exams, since passing/failing don't seem to affect me anyhow, just a waste of money. I also don't study 18hrs a day. That's just madness!! Itz like every waking hour is spent studying. How is that ever possible?? So, maybe, itz still betta being in the workforce then being a student.

No comments: