Saturday, May 13, 2006

What a way to kick-start the long weekend

I'm just almost done with my work. Decided to call it a day since itz already 4am, the 'night' of a public holiday. Rightfully, I should be having fun, relaxing or studying. But I have to work. Itz so sucky and shitty!! This is a long weekend, and I started it off by working. What da??!!?!?!?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
On a lighter note, my family went out for lunch earlier in the aft to celebrate Mother's Day. Da-sao recommended the seafood buffet at Tung Lok that cost $40/pax. I wasn't really for the idea of seafood nor buffet but went along since no one voiced their opinion. I suggested the buffet at Merchant Court Hotel but no one supported the idea =(

Contrary to the thought that I would not enjoy the meal since I never really liked seafood, I was completely blown away by the buffet. We had things like oysters (really HUGE, juicy and fresh), salmon sashimi, chilli crab, lots of prawns (steamed, fried w oatmeal, salad) , fish (steamed, fried), sea cucumber etc etc. I couldn't believe myself when I had 3 oysters since I've only eaten it once so far in my entire life!! The prawns and fish were really really fresh too!! It didn't have that fishy fishy taste, which I so dislike. But itz also because of the freshness of the seafood, I ate so much that it was my only meal of the day. Lunch lasted from noon to 3pm. A family of gluttons? Hehe... After lunch, we went shopping at parkway. While they all went grocery shopping, da-sao and I went shopping for clothes!! It was quite fun since I never really shopped alone with her before without my brother ard. Hopefully she'll go along with my cuz and I to HK in Jul. I'm sure we'll have a great time shopping!! *shopaholicz*

I met up with 2 frens later on in the night for coffee at Siglap. Has been quite a while since we last caught up. We were discussing abt the govt, which has been quite the topic of late due to the recent elections. We're both happy and yet unhappy with the system right now. Everything seems so nice and rosy on the surface, but when you look deeper, there's something that's just missing. I suppose there's no one system that can satisfy everyone, and we just so happen to be those unsatisfied ones, hanging ard still simply to remain within our comfort zones. Finally called it a night slightly pass midnite when the staff were getting ready to close the place.

No comments: