Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Opportunies don't knock twice

I've heard this countless times and have said it to many people too... we should not let opportunites that don't come by easily slip us by quietly. So, on a particular day sometime last week, I was informed of 2 opportunities. 1st that came to my knowledge was the job opening in Tokyo, Japan. Now, many people know that I can give up anything, just for the chance to live in Tokyo, so u can imagine the kind of excitement I was experiencing.

Not too long after I was told of the above, I got a phone call... for an interview. I don't know if itz something I will like to do, but I know it is something that I want to try out. Yep, interview is scheduled for tomorrow and right now, I'm trying to think of some answers to some standard interview questions. Think my interview skills have all eluded me. Its gonna be tough tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard.

I had wanted to go for the interview, rate my chances, before I decide on whether or not to apply for the position in Japan. But, things never work out in the way you want them to. The application dateline was yesterday. I deliberated the whole nite and day before the dateline, wondering whether I am going to just let the chance pass me by. Well, I did. I just hope that one day when I look back, I don't end up kicking myself for not even trying for it. And hopefully, my resolve to stay in SG for another year will produce some results that I'll be happy and satisfied with.

Like I said, things never go as planned right? I was told that this other person working in the company I'm going to interview at ain't too happy about things there. That just made my heart sink. I let one opportunity slip me by.. and the 2nd one doesn't sound any better. But, I ain't letting this hearsay thing get into my way. I'm still going to 'try' to be 110% prepared for the interview and find out more about the company for myself.

Back to preparation time.

No comments: