Sunday, April 23, 2006

"Goodbye"

Been bidding farewell to colleagues lately, some are moving out of the industry, while others are moving out of the country. Itz saddening to see them leave, but itz good for them to have found their direction in their lives.

Went for the company bash on Fri nite. My intention was to go there and meet up with my colleagues whom I haven't met in a while and not to drink. So I thought I would drive there, and that would stop me from drinking. But in the end, changed my mind since bro agreed to drive me there instead. I really can't drink for nutz... Jus a couple of tequila shots and vodka later, my head started spinning. I could still walk on my own and knew exactly what was happening around me, just that the head was throbbing away. A manger spotted me, came over and said ,"Bye, I'm going off on Sunday. But I'll be back... after 2 years." I was shocked. I completely forgot that he was going over to the New York office! There goes another nice manager. Just said bye to one earlier in the day and now another in the night. A couple of my peers will be leaving come end June. All these ppl leaving made me feel so down and wonder, when, when will it be my turn? Knowing that they all are leaving and perhaps working towards a better future just make me think about what I'm doing with my life. I'm directionless and in a state of limbo. I've set myself a timeline to make changes. But from the way things look right now, the timeline don't seem realistic at all. Well, can only hope that things will fall into place somehow, someday.

Slightly pass midnight, we were all calling it a night. Too much booze in us all, so we decided to head home instead of going for supper. It was great catching up with Sept 6 bunch. The next gathering we have, will perhaps really be the farewell gathering for the 4 leaving for Australia.

No comments: