Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Really random

Has it ever occur to you that at times, you just have the urge to blog but don't know what to write about? Or maybe, those random thoughts that flash across are too personal to be broadcasted online? It just happened to me last night. Strong feelings overwhelmed me but I couldn't put them down in writing either. It helped that there were people on msn in the wee hours of the morning for me to chat with, and remove my mind from those random thoughts.

I think online chat programs like msn are such powerful inventions. I like them but at the same time hate them too. They allow me to keep in touch with family and friends halfway across the globe but without the human interaction in it. Its akin to chatting with a machine, so cold. Of course technology now allows you to see and hear the person you're chatting with, but its just not the same. Also, not everyone makes use of the technology. I've had quite enough having to try second-guess what the other person mean in an online conversation. It doesn't help that these guesses will at best remain as guesses. A frightening thing is that I am able say things on msn which I will never be able to say in person. I don't know which day I'll end up saying something irreversible of consequential impact.

Was actually online chatting with my bro last night. I don't think I would have said all those things I did last nite if in person. We were actually discussing about work and stuff and I think I've got a really supportive bro who can readily agree to my quitting without a job. *LOL* But I haven't reached the point where I need to take such drastic measures yet. He's in search of a new job himself and I pray that he finds something he likes and the whole package is beneficial to him =) Sometime back, I also said something to a friend via msn and am now wondering if I said the right thing. But what's said cannot be taken back already, so will just have to go with the flow.

Ain't making sense right? I thought so. Cause there're certain things which I do not know how to pen them. So I'm better off going to bed.

No comments: