Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fun-filled weekend

My weekend seemed to have started on Fri tis week. Heh.. really wasn't in the mood to work at all, so I was at the client's place for a short 2 hrs. After that, I had a long and relaxing lunch with my colleague. We were lazing in TCC, neither were in the mood to go back to work. I did a little more work in the afternoon at the secretariat, and that's about it. As I was leaving office, I bumped into a fren, someone whom I've not seen nor acknowledged knowing in a while. But I acknowledged him at the lobby and said hi that evening. This brought my day to another new high!

I had to give meeting up with my colleagues for dinner that evening despite the fact that kt was back from UK because I was going to catch a play, Doubt, a local production. I ain't sure if I enjoyed the play. I didn't fully comprehend everything but I think it was a commendable effort nevertheless. I think their acting's pretty good though the storyline didn't impress me much. Think I still much prefer musicals over plays where there's music and better stage props. Looking forward to watching West Side Story next.

After that, we headed off to the wine company at Dempsey Road. It’s a nice hangout for a group of frens to sit together, drinking wine, eating cheese and chatting the night away. We had a bottle of cab merlot and sparkling wine. I really cannot drink for nuts. Only 2 glasses and I could feel the effects of the wine. It was off to supper after we left wine company. To our disappointment, the roti prata house at Thomson was closed, so was Casurina prata. We ended up at Serangoon Gardens instead.

This was when laoda told us about the gory incident her fren’s bro witnessed. He took the Spaceshot ride (which we did last weekend) and sat next to a gal with long hair. After the free fall drop, he found himself splattered with blood and when he turned and looked, the gal next to him was headless but her hands were still moving!! It was something like her hair got caught somewhere at the top of the ride, such that her head got wrenched off when the free fall started!! I can’t imagine the kind of trauma the guy went through given that we were grossly horrified just hearing about it. I told my brother about the incident and he wasn’t surprised. It wasn’t reported in the news but he seemed to have heard something about it from his counterparts. OMG!

On Saturday night, I went blading with a group of friends. By far the largest group I have bladed with and also for the longest time. We bladed for 3 plus hours and the feeling of having ‘worked out’ was great! I only picked up blading late last year and really enjoy it because of the proximity to the sea. I’m slightly more stable on the wheels now and am learning t-braking and turning. About time I got my own pair of blades, with money from the progress package. It was close to 1am after we were done blading and we headed for supper. I hadn’t ate much for the day but still had no appetite for supper. In fact after eating, I felt like puking. Think I was suffering from indigestion because I woke up that morn with a stomach that was churning terribly. Sure hope I am not suffering from any form of eating disorders.

This is also the first weekend where I did not bring home any work!! Yippeee!!

No comments: