Thursday, April 20, 2006

Disappointing

Someone couldn't make it to catch the musical, West Side Story at the eleventh hour and gave the tix away for free. Lucky me got the tix (thx to Gail) and went ahead to catch the muscial despite my original intentions of clearing my piling workload that night. It was too good an offer to resist. =P But both of us were a little disappointed with the musical. It wasn't as engaging and interesting as other musicals I'd watched. In fact, it was a little dull. It didn't help that it had a weak storyline either. I believe the focus of the musical was on the dance portion. There were scenes which dragged on, simply because of the dance. But I couldn't appreciate the dance. It seemed sorta unrefined and barbaric. However, credit should be given to the leads, especially Kirsten Rossi casted as Maria. She's got really clear and powerful vocals. Josh Young, casted as Tony, could also sing really well, though at times, the key seem to run a little too high for him to hit the notes but, he didn't go out of tune, just sounded like he was straining his voice. Well, I'm glad I hadn't had to pay for the tix cos I feel that itz something that can be missed.

No comments: