Sunday, April 16, 2006

EastEr HoliDayZ

Yea!! Long weekendz!! Just that it doesn't feel that long after all. Itz already Sun now, so nearing the end of the holz... =( Nevertheless, it has been a fulfilling weekend thus far.

This is the first Easter I am celebrating, so kinda excited about finding out more about it. I have been to church for mass on Thursday and Friday and will be going for Easter mass later in the day. To me, the underlying notion of the first 2 masses were rather similar, in that we were told about Jesus's great love for everyone, including sinners. We should follow his example and love all those around us, including our enemies and those who have hurt us before. This struck a chord in me. I think it was through faith that I manage to find the peace and strength to love one and all, regardless of any reasons that should have led me to do otherwise instead. I thought this was a good change in me. I've managed to face up to reality and am happy with life as it right now. Of course there're things which I want to improve in my life still.

There was another first this weekend. I went FISHING!! Itz an activity which I've always thought requires loads of patience, which I don't have, and boring since all you do is wait for a fish to bite. Thus, I never bothered to try fishing. But after the trip to Ubin earlier on, I changed the views I held about fishing. It was pretty interesting. Someone had checked out the tidal chart and the best time to fish would be between 10am-2pm. There's so much to be learnt! Choosing the bait, size of hook to be used, casting the line etc etc. All these were fun. The terrible part came in when you just have to sit patiently and wait. I think that's the boring part. But the group of frens I went with were all very chatty, so it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would be. Rather, I think we had loads of fun despite not having caught anything except for 3 tiny little fishes.


We returned to mainland and headed to Tampines for some food and drinks. I was famished by now since I only had a slice of peanut pancake for the entire day! We realised that we all red like lobsters and no doubt, we were all burnt. The sun was out in full force for the entire time we were there. Our skins all felt so hot and hurt! Some of us went on to catch the movie, Inside Man. I had a terrible headache and haven had enough sleep for the week, so I almost slept in the theatre. At the end of the show, we just went 'huh'? The ending was kinda abrupt, as though the production company already has a sequel in the plans. The show wasn't interesting at all in my opinion. I'm now dead tired and struggling to finish this entry before I hit the sacks.

Yippie!! Gonna start Jap classes again tomorrow!! So excited. But think I'm gonna have trouble playing catch up. Of course, I wasn't disciplined enough to revise on my own *tsk tsk* Itz gonna be a long day again. Ciaoz.

No comments: