Thursday, January 04, 2007

You're GREAT!

Just read from the Rover forum that 10 has been awarded her BPA!! Though she doesn't know about the existence of this blog, still wanna congratulate her for the hard work she has put in and the perserverance to have come this far. All the effort was well worth it =)

BPA used to be 1 of the items on my 'to achieve' list. But guess I just din have the determination to follow through it. I had embarked on the process, but as usual, when people around me started dropping out of Rovering, I did likewise as I found it hard to continue without the support of a Group. Rovering were fun times. I'm sure many can attest to that. It was through Rovering that I made a close friend in PS, learnt so much so much about things that i'll never find in books, had the opportunity to try out so many different things and pick up skills which I will have otherwise never got close to learning... The annual camps organised, the training camps and workshops attended, the trips, hiking, nite walks, the sailing, kayaing, power boating.. all the beautiful memories.. missed those adventurous days... *sobz*

Coming to think of it, it was a pity that I gave up. Together with the BPA, I also gave up the woodbadge, something which I was pretty close to obtaining already. I had completed the requisite camps and courses and did 2 out of 6 projects required. Well, no one to blame, except myself. 10 did try to get me involved at the national level initially after the lack of support at the Group level. But after a couple of times where I didn't make it, she felt that it was pointless to ask someone who ain't interested. Not that I wasn't interested but at that point in time, the agenda on the books was kinda different. Couple of reasons but it was mainly due to work commitments.

Supposed learning about this struck a strong cord in me to prompt me to write this entry immediately. LoL. This will be another notable regret in my life.

Rovers, still remember back in 1999 when we first stepped into Marlin?? Realised in another 2 years, it'll be our 10 yr anniversary... Any possibility of getting everyone in one country and doing something adventurous again?? Its gonna be a huge grand plan with age catchin up with us and people located across the continents, but I think this is worth a thot. hmmmz^^

No comments: