Monday, January 29, 2007

1st biz trip - KL

Was to fly into KL on the 1st flight for a meeting at 9am. A check with a fren from KL, there's no way I can reach the client's office by 9am given that my flt only touch down at 745am bcos of the terrible jam. But supe said he doesn't want to fly in on Sun nite and stay a nite there. I seriously would rather do that. Then I wouldn't have to wake up at the unearthly hour of 430am.

To begin with, I don't even know if I slept. I went to bed at about 1130pm. But I tossed and turned, not used to going to bed so early. Frustrated, I got up at 130am. Tried to relax and go back to sleep, but its really difficult. Didn't help that mum woke me at 4am.

Blurry-eyed, I left for the airport. Since the flight's only an hour, no breakfast was served. The nice colored sky was the only reward in the early morning...



The jam was horrendous, such that we arrived an hour late for the meeting. In fact, by the time we got there, the meeting was drawing to a close already. To which I felt, why in the world did we fly there for? Attended the meeting on an empty stomach... *growl*

After that, we visited the office of an associate and the branch. That dragged on and when I finally got a chance to eat/drink, it was already 1pm. A good 8 hours had passed with me not having touched any food/drink. I don't recall being on a hunger strike?!?!
Spent the rest of the afternoon going to 2 malls. Apparently, supe was supposed to explain why they were flops, but well, key word used was "SUPPOSED"... Hmm... I really don't get the purpose of the trip.. the only thing I appreciated was being out of the office and I had time to do a little shopping.
But this trip did make me realise one thing. I do know what I want to do already and am striving towards that right now. I certainly don't want to remain in my current employment for more than another 6 months..

No comments: