Sunday, January 14, 2007

要是时间能倒转,你想回到过去的何时呢?

Was reading Aki's blog and this question struck me. Should one day, an angel comes by granting you the opportunity to turn back the clock, when would you turn it back to? Or to begin with, would you want to turn back the clock?

I wanna be greedy and request for the clock to be turned back to various times such that I can choose again, and of course, pick the opposite of what I have chosen, so that the outcome will be different from what it is now. Sounds like I'm unhappy with things right now? Not unhappy, but just felt that things might have been better if I had elected otherwise at various points of my life.

Looking back, I wonder why I made those decisions back then. One day I will know the reasons, but right now, I can't comprehend my own decisions... and I just feel that life sux... from the choice of schools, to the choice of course of study and many other personal decisions... Then again, I was posed this question, "won't life just be an empty shell if everything turned out the way you wanted and you're happy with everything else?" I won't call it an empty shell, but its just part of me, chasing after a fantasy world, without all the harshness of reality. Perhaps its all due to the over-protective environment I have grown up in. But what's so bad about having everything turn out the way you want it, without you having to go through all the pain and hurt when u fall, and drain yourself of all energy and life trying to stand up again. Worse happens when after you fall, you can no longer stand.

Of course, looking on the flip side, it is the ups and downs that enables us to mature and become wiser, so that we won't make the same mistakes once more.

Suppose my mood is greatly affected by the weather. It has been gloomy, with loads of precipitation... needa find my direction in life quick or I'll just continue to 'disintegrate' and waste myself away...

No comments: