Friday, January 19, 2007

Monday 'Blues'

Monday tiz week was great! time passed so fast without me doin anything much. As usual, spent the morning clearing all the administrative work and in the afternoon, it was off to the law firm for legal documents negotiation. A&G's office offers a splendid view!! We were on the highest level (30th), in the Board Room and sat facing the great expanse out there. I always wished I had a home and office with this kinda view. It allows you to feel relaxed and calm rather than jumpy and irritated.

Meetin began at 230pm. Not long after it started, my supe was feelin bored too (I thought I was the only one who didn't really catch anything, but he wasn't paying attention as well). He started whispering to me, "the view is really great! you can even see the DHL hotair balloon going up and down". I had to try really hard to keep a straight face. I hadn't noticed the balloon. Just goes to show how much attention he was paying at the meeting. As usual, I began drawing and scribbling at the documents, adding so much color to a black and white piece. LoL.

Slowly, the sky became overcast, visibility slowly decreased and it started pouring very heavily. My supe mumbled, "wa" and it so tickled me. He must really be bored to tears, like me. I think the people sitting across from me must be thinking that I am out of my mind, trying so hard to contain my laughter by biting my lower lip.

The meeting went on and on and on.. finally at 730pm, it was adjourned to be continued another day. 5 hours worth, and I ain't sure if I even understood an hour of what had transpired. Lawyers speak so softly. I could hardly hear.

I had thought of going back to the office, but my supe said he wasn't, so I reconsidered and decided to go off as well. Thought there will be a class gathering, but it ended up a separate one. The guys were at KTV while the gals at YF's place. It has been a while since I joined them as I used to have dance classes on Monday evenings. I miss dance, but no class starting as yet. =\ Watched TV and chit-chat. HX had just gotten married the day before and YF (the only one invited from our class) went on and on about how much effort she had put in for her wedding and how great her hubby is. Congrats gal!! I believe her hubby must be really wonderful cos since JC, she has always had a set of uber high criteria. Next up will be Drin. Her weddin is scheduled in Jan 08 and she has certainly began her preparations. She too, I believe will spend a lot of effort on her wedding. Gracie seems like she's starting to prepare as well, looking for a house. Topics revolved around wedding preparations. Got a little bored after a while cos I can't relate to the topic... An earth shattering news was shared right at the end with lots of disclaimers and which left us all thinking hard... ...

No comments: