Saturday, December 02, 2006

Fate

Had spent the last couple of days watching yet another Korean drama - My Girl. The first couple of episodes will make you think that the storyline is rather similar to that of Goong. However, watching the show right till the end, you'll find that there are similarities, but these are essentially 2 different shows. Aki asked which show I prefer? Frankly, I do not have an answer. I love both shows, thanks to being such a romance flick lover^^.

In both shows, it was always such that the rich guy will end up fallin in love with a gal whom he never would have imagined it possible that he will have the slightest interest in her! The gal is always someone who's of a lower social status, unable to carry herself well/be able to fit into the atas society, but they are essentially very bubbly and are like 傻大姐. Its literally the ugly duckling turning into a beautiful princess.

No doubt this is the reel life. But it got me thinking of 2 questions.
1. Is there really such a thing called fate?
2. Can 2 ppl who seem so different really be together?

I would think that I am a fate believer. I always feel that if something is meant to be, it will happen. Otherwise, no matter how hard you try, nothing comes out of it. But then again, how to know what fate is dictating for you right now? Something which I thought was fated to be, suddenly turned out to be otherwise. When I decide to ignore it, this fate thingy seem to come into play again. Then it disappears once more. This 'ding-donging' has happened more than once, such that I no longer know what to believe in. Hence, it got me to question if there really is such a thing called fate and how in the world would you know how to read the signs? I'm getting more and more confused..

I had always been a believer that no difference can be so huge that it could prevent 2 ppl from being together. But I had been proven wrong once and it was a heavy price which I paid for not believing otherwise. After that, I learnt my lesson and made my stand very clear. Then I begin to ponder again. Had I been too single-minded in my thinking that left no room for miracles to occur??

Everything just seem to point to the fact that my logics have all failed me, which explains the predicament I am in right now. However, I just refuse to believe that my logics ain't logical! Either way, its causing me quite a bit of grief. I'm in such a confused state of mind right now!!
*sighz*

Sometimes, I just wished that I was a marionette. Then I wouldn't have to bother about anything, nor get myself all confused over things that I'll never have an answer to. All I have to do is allow myself to be controlled by others, to allow others to tell me exactly what I ought/ought not to do. Then, there'll no longer be confusion and the exasperation that comes along with it. Somewhat of an escapism nature, but much less tiring...

No comments: