Monday, December 25, 2006

1995

That was 11 years ago, when we all first met. Everyone donned in a white shirt with metal buttons and blue bottom. We were then 13. 21 Dec 2006, Suntec City. We all met up again. We are now 24.

I really wouldn't have imagined that we would have a class gathering after so long. We weren't an exceptionally close class to begin with and back then, there were too many unpleasantries that marred the friendships between many. I had my reservations as to whether the gathering will turn out well.

As usual, had work dropped on me at the eleventh hour and there was no way I could leave having had that kinda feedback given to me jus the day before. I would've just packed and brought work home instead if not for impression management. Crap! In the end, I only managed to leave ard 9 odd, shortly after my boss.

Went down together with Aki. The rest were done with dinner by the time we got there. I was a little taken aback by the large grp (16 in total). It took me a while to recognise everyone of them! Most of them hadn't changed much, including their characters. Just that it has been ages since I last saw them and I needed some time to register their looks. The usual lame and crappy ppl were still their usual selves, out to irritate everyone else. Think it was such a pity that we missed dinner where all of them had so much fun digging up all the nicknames and happenings of yesteryear.

(Sitting L-R: Eden, Madeline, TuanEng, me, Aki
Standing L-R: Yuchun, Yvonne, Hongjing, PeiPei, Warren, Kelly, Weikai, ThongLee, Jianwen, ChangHsu, Colin)

Look at all the happy smilez on our faces!! Guess from there, you can tell how glad everyone was. Fond memories of those innocent times keep flashing back, especially when I'm feeling all weary and tired of the added responbilities of growing up. It was a nice opportunity to forget all the worries and just reminisce about the happy times.

Thanks Weikai for the initiative of this gathering. He has to be one who has changed the most. From the quiet and nonsensical young kid to the matured and serious person he is right now.

Thanks Aki for Mukgu too!! Its now hanging on my wardrobe ^^


No comments: