Friday, June 30, 2006

3 in 2 days

3 colleagues left for Aussie in the span of 2 days. They won't be back till 2 years later. I didn't make it to send anyone of them. So unlike me. I used to send friends off, even if their flights were at the weirdest times ever. I'm beginning to dislike the 'goodbye' scene. The sadness overwhelms me now more than ever. Not sure why though. Maybe, just maybe, I've been toying with the fact of leaving SG for the longest time ever myself, I've played the scene over and over my head countless times and have never gotten over having to bid goodbye to family and friends. I don't want to be crying at the airport... but I wish them all the best. There're 2 more leaving within the next 2 weeks...

Luckily, there're not only sending-offs, just had a nice get-together with some of my sec 4 classmates. 8 of us turned up, each representing a different clique (yea, my sec 4 class is made up of inter-linked cliques). The mix was pretty good, we could still find out about how those who didn't turn up were doing. Time flies... we graduated 8 years back. Most of us are now working, all pretty decent jobs, save for a couple of guys who're doing a 4-year course. Like what one of them said, "See, DHS is a good school. It has nurtured all of us well." Its the 50th anniversary this year and there'll be dinner held. It would be interesting to attend it, just to see the class of 98. The person/people who started the class of 98 in friendster, kudos to u. Its the one place I turn to, to check out how aquaintances of yesteryears have changed and know what's going on for them right now.

This is life - people come and leave. What's important is to enjoy the time spent with them and make the effort to keep in touch when apart.

No comments: