Sunday, June 18, 2006

Back-breaking activity

Had another gathering on sat nite, that lasted till sun morn. Went on a nite cycling trip with the rovers. We haven't done such CRAZY things in a long long while already.

Here's the route we took:
We started off from Marine Parade, made our way down to Esplanade via National Stadium and had supper at Glutton Square. From there, we went on down to Labrador Park where we took a break. Our next destination was Orchard. We took the route down Alexandra Road to Tanglin Road. We then carried on to Geylang, where we finally stopped for our breakfast at around 4 plus in the morn. After that, we cycled to East Coast and stoned at Mac's waiting for 7am so that we could return the bikes.

The worse leg of the trip was from Labrador Park to Orchard. It was basically uphill all the way. My knees were definitely screamin out at me!! At one point, zhu realli couldn't take it anymore and pushed her bike up instead. I'm surprised at myself for being able to cycle all the way up! All those weekly rollerblading sessions must have helped in some way. Our butts also hurt like crazy!

When we were got back to ecp, it was such a relieve. Finally ended the back-breaking activity. It was fun, but the pain that follows..... takes away the fun of it all. I slept the entire day away after coming home. After waking up, I finally know how much it hurts. My thigh muscles feel so strained that I can hardly walk. I think I need an mc tomorrow. Growin old... cannot engage in such physically demanding activities already. *lol*

No comments: