Monday, July 03, 2006

Wat a weekend

Oh man! I'm actually feeling dead tired right now. Haven't had much rest over the weekend, and I'm so running out of time!!

After a half day stock take at a construction site on Fri morn, I was feeling too numb to make it back to office. All the walking around and the scorching sun zapped away all my energy. But now I regret not going back, otherwise I would've gotten my promotion letter already. So I spent the afternoon lazing at home before heading out to meet frens for dinner and to catch the World Cup. It was Germany vs Argentina. I support Argentina though I knew very well Germany would win, simply because they're the host country. When the match was so exciting, some NICE soul toppled a mug and the beer spilled onto me!!! AHHHH!!! My top was stained, I stink of alcohol and I felt so sticky. If it was jus a couple of drops that I got me, I would've accepted his apologies. But NO!!!!! My top had brown patches all over!!! Pissed, I retorted when he apologised, "Apologising is not going to change anything right now." Then I stormed off. I still don't think I was being mean by not accepting his apologies because, from my friends' description, he apologised only casued others told him to. It didn't help that he was so retarded in reacting to the fact that he spilled beer onto me. Reflex would mean apologising immediately and getting serviettes for me. But no, he stood there like a block of wood. *faintz* Luckily, my friend had a spare tee in his car. So I stayed on till the match ended. Argentina should have so won. *sadz*

I did a crazy, silly thing on sat again. I still cannot believe myself for making my way down to Bugis, just to catch the superband constestants, live. haha. Till now, I'm still laughing at myself in disbelief. I had actually asked my cousin along, but by the time she got to Bugis, the event had ended, while I had rushed off to somewhere else. The night was spent at a friend's house watching the World Cup till 5am the next morn. *lol* I've never stayed up through the night for soccer before. Its just cause the World Cup only happens once in 4 yrs. Kinda disappointed with the results too.

So after staying up through the night, I slept for the most part of Sunday. But not well-rested despite the 8 hrs of sleep I had. Half the time, I was disturbed by my nephew - his cries, pulling of my hair, hitting me etc etc...

It was off to the chalet for my cousin's 21st bdae! Reminded me of my own 21st bdae, which was so long ago. Feel old... Seems like ever since the 21st bdae, I've never bothered to keep track of how old I am. It was a nice gathering session. Can't help but be proud of the fact that we're so close to one another, even though we're just cousins. Don't think many people are actually this close to their cousins. A 3 week trip in europe last yr, upcoming hk trip in 3 days time, and more trips to come... Of course, not forgetting all the crazy things that we do together.

Sis-in-law, Elaine and me, had a great chat again. Feel so lucky to have such a wonderful sis-in-law and a future sis-in-law to be. But of course, my brothers are still the most blessed ones, to have them as their other halfs!

After an activity-filled weekend, am now struggling to finish my pile of work. No progress watsover. Keeping fingers crossed that I would have the time to do them over the next 3 days so that I can leave for my holiday with peace of mind.

Nitez for now =)

No comments: