Thursday, July 13, 2006

Mix feelings over HK

Came back from Hong Kong on Mon nite. Didn't exactly like the place, felt as though I had wasted money on the trip. If I had known I'm going to have a 2 weeks break coming up, I would never have gone to Hong Kong. Now, I need to think twice about going away during the 2 weeks break because 1) its going to hurt my pockets a lot, 2) cannot imagine the nagging I'll have to endure from my parents. I would really like to take a good break. I've gotta decide fast so that I can still get an air-tix.

Now, back to my Hong Kong trip. Couple of reasons why I didn't enjoy myself:
1) the weather was soooo HOT, I perspired till I almost dried up
2) the people (hong kongers, PRCs) are so rude and know nothing about basic courtesy
3) the trip was focused only on shopping, while I would've preferred exploring the place
4) my cousin was down with food poisoning on the 2nd day, so an entire day was wasted, havin to take care of her
5) the shoppin wasn't really fantastic cause of the different fashion and I can't afford to buy the branded stuff

Of course there're a couple of saving graces:
1) the skywalk at Macau - I wished I could just sit out there
2) the fireworks show at Disneyland
3) the fresh air and great scenery at peak and Lantau island

Despite the not so fantastic shoppin deals, I still manage to burst 1.5k on the trip. That amount can easily buy me an air tix to Australia. Perhaps some things are just not meant to be?

Anyway, check out the link to the photos =)

No comments: