Saturday, July 22, 2006

Last day, last minute

Today's my last day at work. Gotta return all the company's stuff plus all the stuff that I've borrowed from my frenz! But, as usual, being the super last minute person that I am, I hadn't packed all the things. Hence, I was in such a mad rush in the morning, trying to round up all the things. But I gave up, cause I found nothing. LOL. This gives you an idea of how messy my room is. This only means that I'll spend the weekend ransacking my room/house for all the things, and return to the office on Mon. This is also the reason why I cannot make it to JB tomorrow!! Not enough time!!

Had lunch with those colleagues who were in the office today. Thank you guyz and galz. It has been a wonderful 22 months working together. Not sure where I'm heading towards, but I believe it is where I would want to be. A couple of you I've spoken to are hanging in there simply because you don't know what's ur direction. Well, dont' lose heart but don't take too long to think kie! Time waits for no one. The longer you drag, the harder it is to leave. But of course, don't leave for the sake of leaving too. When I was doing the clearance, it felt kinda surreal. I kept asking myself, is this for real? Am I really leaving? At some point, I also stopped and asked myself, do I really want to leave? Future's more or less certain over here, but yet I've chosen to throw myself into the deep end. Must be mad. But no venture no gain, I suppose.

Supposed to be a 2 weeks break. But from what I see, I don't really see a break. =(

I'm driving myself nuts. This weekend will be spent searching for things, writing letters for Choice and meeting up with Rachel. I also gotta pack and plan my trip!! Yes, another decision made on impulse. I'm flying off to Melbourne next Tues morning. I started making reservations only this week and just got my air tix and visa done this morning. Was keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get randomly selected by the system and get my visa application rejected! Its winter there, which is the reason why I have to pack properly, so that I won't fall sick. Otherwise, I won't really bother. Really last minute decision to travel, since this 2 weeks break wasn't exactly planned for. But thinking again, perhaps I should just stay in SG for the 2weeks, to settle all the admistrative matters for my next job and also to pack my CMI room. Also, its winter in Melbourne. Since my frenz have already gone skiing, they won't be going with me again. I won't go skiing on my own. Heard visibility's poor, which means I won't be able to enjoy much of the scenic routes. I can't go hiking in winter too. I'm beginning to wonder what I can do there? Of course I like winter for its cool weather and the coats that I'll get to wear. ^^ SG's just too hot!! But gloomy days are just not good for travelling right?

Well, whatever. Ticket's paid, though a little overpriced. At least I save on accomodation and guide. Heh. I'll just flip through lonely planet for the LONELY traveller, as my fren puts it. Yep, I'll be travelling ALONE, yet again. Hope there's nothing wrong with me such that I've got no friends who wanna travel with me. Haha. Even if its true... ...

There goes my bonus. First to HK, now to Melbourne...

Just wished that from Melbourne onwards, pace of things would slow down A LOT. Time seems to fly by me. Really need tis 2 weeks for a good rest before I embark on my new job, all recharged for the upcoming challenges!!

No comments: