Monday, March 27, 2006

Genting Highlands getaway

Went up to the Highlands with a couple of frens (2 gals, 1 guy) over the weekend for a short getaway. I can't really recall the last time I was there, but it's easily at least 10 yrs ago! The whole landscape of that place has changed sooo much that I no longer recognise it.. The thing I hate most about going across the causeway is the toilets. They're often so dirty and stink but yet one doesn't have a choice of not visiting the loo. I understand that these toilets are being used by tonnes of ppl every day and nite, so it ain't easy to maintain the cleanliness... but the stench is realli realli unbearable.

Overnight coach ride and we got in ard 5 odd in the morn. As the coach travelled up, the night view is actually rather pretty... bright lights coming from the buildings from the town at the bottom of the hill.. What I recall of the past was that it was all trees that we saw on the way up... no nice night view or watsoever. Since it was still too early and we cldn't check in, we lugged our bags along with us as we strolled around in the nice, cool weather. Managed to catch the breaking of dawn. Haven't caught dawn break in a while, not after PS left, cos all the stayovers ceased.


After checking-in, we spent the day in the themepark. I was actually persuaded into taking the roller-coaster and space shot rides! When I was in Australia 10 years back, I so wanted to take all those exciting rides in Dreamworld, but cos I had no company, I din try them. But over here, where the rides are more mild, I actually hesitated. Age must have really caught up with me. *LOL* The view from the top of the space shot ride was exhilarating. But the anticipation of the free fall almost 'killed' me. Am glad I took those rides though. It was so much fun!! But I won't dare say I am able to take such rides again without any apprehension.

As we all know movie tix are cheaper in M'sia, we decided to catch a show. It was a Chinese comedy called '2 become 1'. It was a really hilarious show!! And the following got me thinking.. "sometimes, we're not hiding from others, but instead, we're hiding from ourselves"..

We went outdoors again after dinner. It had become sooo misty that visibility was greatly reduced. Winds were strong but not chilly. I so love the cool weather, perhaps abt the only thing I like about Genting.

The only guy who went with us... he's a joker. The way he says and does things never fail to make us burst out in laughter. He has something to say about everything, be it the place, the food, the thing we do... He looks the bit like everyone he's trying to impersonate. So there, we had our entertainer for the weekend.

The escape from reality was shortlived. Monday's here again... ...

No comments: