Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What should I do?

Through the past couple of days, I finally realised what it is that I don't like about my current job and how my current job differs from what I have in mind. But what's the use of this realisation when there ain't anything that I can do about it? I certainly don't have the capabilities to be where I would want to be - investment banking. But being where I am right now, I don't see how the experience could help me get to where I wanna be. For one, I feel that my supe ain't that well-versed in what I'm interested in learning, neither are the rest of my colleagues since that is essentially not what they are interested in - in-depth financial modelling.

The truth behind financial modelling all depends on the assumptions you make, and really, its difficult to justify these guesses made, but at the same time, its difficult for others to rebut you as well. These financial models built typically leads to a 'sale' presentation to external parties. Currently working on one such project now and I really like it despite the fact that it had caused me to lose sleep for a couple of nights and burnt my weekend working on it. Its a sad truth that projects of this kind are hard to come by. I really hope something comes out of this project for me so that I can continue working on it. But this will be at the expense of my time, at least for 2-3 mths. I don't really mind, if you ask me. Can only keep my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I feel that I ought to do something about this. This current job gives me more satisfaction than my previous job. But there're parts of this job that so irritates me and I just hate it! But I really don't know what I ought to do right now. Thinking about it, there're only 2 options for me now. 1 is to move overseas to do audit since I ain't doing what I like now as well, so why not move overseas to experience something different? 2. To stay on till its time to go take MBA. I really don't know... ...

No comments: