Saturday, November 04, 2006

Terribly terrrible service

I really am peeved by the service I got from the 2 restaurants I visited recently. Can I name the 2 restaurants? Won't name them but one's located in Cineleisure, the other located in Raffles City.

Let's talk about the one at Cine first. While waiting to be seated, we saw a cockroach crawling over the cakes =\ I got the attention of the guy behind the counter and wanted to tell him about the cockroach, instead of hearing me out, he told me to wait! Despite this, don't know why, we still went in. Had ice-cream and steered clear of the cakes. The place was certainly crowded and it took really long before someone came to take our orders. When the utensils were brought to us, they were dirty and was still stained with whatever wasn't washed off properly. Eeeks. They took an exceptionally long time to get us our plain water and never bothered to refill the glasses till very long after we requested for them to do so. While we were having the ice-cream, we saw another cockroach crawling around the seats!!! Hygiene = FAIL! When we were trying to get the bill, no matter how we tried to get the attention of the staff, it jus seemed like we were invisible people. When we were finally shown the bill, I just had to say my piece. I told the manager that should they want to charge service charge, they ought to do something about improving the service they provide. Could tell that he was really shocked to hear that and asked me to explain further. We never had the intention of asking for the service charge to be waived, but the manager took that off our bill on his own accord. That's the only saving grace of that place. I know I'll never set foot in that place again!

The one at Raffles City wasn't any better. We had told a couple of waiters that we wanted to order. All they did was asked us to wait. But they never came back to take our orders. Same thing happened when we asked for the bill. Super fed up. After we walked out of the place, I kept feeling that something wasn't right with the change I received. Hence, I checked and really, the change was short of 10 bucks. Now, I know I ought to have checked that before I kept the change and stuff, but.. We went back in and told the manager about it. One of the waiters then commented that we ought to have checked the change before we stepped out, as though tellin us that it was our own fault and they won't do anything about it. Don't have to state the obvious. It was our fault, but it wasn't as though they weren't at fault too. Shouldn't they have checked that the change they gave back to customers were correct too? Moreover, I'm not those cheapskate customers who would cheat the restaurant of the money by saying that the change I got was short when in actual fact it was correct! I can't expect them to think that way since they don't know me but they shouldn't doubt their customers like that right? Luckily, their manager apologised and said it was an error on their end because of the large no. of customers they had.

I know for sure I'm never stepping into either restaurants ever again.

Something should really be done about the service standards, not only in these 2 restuarants, but in Singapore on the whole.

No comments: