Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Everything was fine, till... ... forgive & forget, SMILE ^^

Glitz & Glamour! Theme of PwC's dnd held last fri. Despite not being an employee any longer, I joined the Sept 6 bunch for the dnd. Compared to the 1st DnD we had, there seems to be fewer of us. I had this very warm feeling when I got to Swissotel. The familiarity of the place and the people. I really really miss it. Its weird how I missed last year's DnD while I was still with the firm, but I actually went back for tis year's one when I'm no longer with the firm.

There was the PwC Idol competition going on. Contestant no. 1 was the SM from the CG which I was from. When I saw the SA1s in my CG all dressed up in their rented costumes, how the entire CG cheered the SM on, I kinda felt a lost. I don't recall having so much fun with my CG during the 2 years I was there and I know that there'll not be such camaraderie with my new colleagues in my current employment. But I have to say the PwC Idol is one interesting idea. ^^ There was also a dance competition by the various line of service. My jaw dropped the moment I recognised the guy in shades and this blink blink shirt was a Partner whom I've worked rather closely with. I just cannot believe it. LoL!!

We only had a little to eat, then off we went to take pics. I was quite surprised that there're people who still din know that I had left the firm. As expected, there're more people serving out their notice periods, and others who'd left too. Turnover rate might be high in this industry, but the friendships built are equally strong! I seem to miss the people alot. I jus went round catching up with everyone else. But everyone only had 1 question for me - how's my new work. =\ I still haven't completely convinced myself that the new work is what I want. I still haven't psychoed myself to be able to say my new work is not a job but a hobby. All I can say is that the work is certainly more challenging and interesting than audit but there's nowhere else that offers the kind of work environment that PwC offers. Work environment DOES affect whether or not you like your work.

I was thoroughly enjoying myself... until...

Someone whom I saw, but din wanna acknowledge asked me to the side and said something extremely dumb to me. It jus spoilt the entire evening for me. I carried on partying the night away with my peers because 1) I din wan to show any signs of weakness in such a setting, 2) I was angry but not to the extent to allow it to spoil the evening.

The usual gang I hang around with all left pretty early, so instead I stayed on with my ex-roomie and her bf till about 2am. What can I say, but as usual, you see the same old people who enjoy drinking themselves silly and get so high and sometimes make a fool of themselves. But these are the people who made the nite more interesting. Heh.

On my way home, I thought back about the incident. I needed to talk to someone, and at that unearthly hour, only 1 person is awake, PS. But I couldn't get her on the line. Had to resort to sending her email. While waitin for her reply, almost blurted everythin out to another person. Luckily PS got back to me jus then. Guess its jus a sudden surge of emotions. Calmed down after the call and went to bed.

Woke up on the right side of the bed the next morn! I asked myself what am I angry over, why am I angry? But I had no answers. Then it dawned on me that I had truly forgotten the past. I have began writing a new chapter of my life! The anger dissipated from within and I felt so much better. With this I realise, its much easier to forgive and forget then to live with anger in you. Now I'm glad I din say anything scornful last nite, but instead, had kept my cool. Love even your enemies. ^^

No comments: