Saturday, August 04, 2007

China biz trip - my thots

tiz a lil long overdue.. but have been spending all my available time reading PoTTeR.. well, the happily ever after ending's sweet and everything.. but then again.. it sounds really cheezy.. at least I wasn't wrong that Snape's a good guy after all.. nw that i'm over with the book, I shall blog all that I wanna say for the last 2 weeks!!! LoL =p

Pictures paint a thousand words.. here's a couple from my biz trip to China, my first time there cos I never felt like paying on my own to take a holiday in China.. jus doesn't entice me enough.. was a nice flight into Shanghai.. first time flying biz class as well.. so was a little like a mountain turtle.. heheh

but the air pollution in Shanghai shocked me.. the sky was all smog-filled... wat happened to the clear blue skies?? traffic condition's really terrible as well.. and it was sweltering HOT!!! It was a good 3 hours car ride as we went through Shanghai with a stopover in Kunshan before reaching Suzhou. The SIP seems like a complete replicate of Singapore. Its clean, roads are nicely laid out, plants pruned to perfection etc.. Felt good.. Was already evening by the time we got there, so boss brought me ard to see their Orchard Road equivalent... This is it!

Guan qian jie.. really, there's nothing to shout about... the haphazardness of the shops.. felt like Chinatown..

Next day was filled with site visit and meetings.. by the time we got back to Shanghai, it was evening again.. but I was rewarded with the following:-

The BIG king size comfy bed in Westin Hotel!!! 'Home' for the next 3 days.. after every tiring day, its just so awesome to come back to this comfy room, with the comfy bed for a good nite's rest..
Managed to squeeze in a little sightseeing in Shanghai.. that's the all-famous Oriental Pearl Tower located at Pudong.. Where I stood to take the pic is the Bund.. It was sooooo crowded, I felt overwhelmed and just wanted to scream out, "I need breathing space!!" LoL =)
This is Nanjing Xi Lu Bu Xing Jie.. A shopping stretch.. Only pedestrians.. no vehicles allowed! Jus look at the crowd and its a weekday nite..

After 3 days in Shanghai, went off to Shenzhen for a site visit.. boring boring place.. but with loads of Hong Kong ppl... cantonese is the more common language compared to chinese...

The trip was certainly an eye opener for me.. else I would never have set foot in China.. not the best time to be in China given that its summer and its really hot.. worse than SG..

China's certainly growing and very rapidly.. so its certainly a good place to be in to be in the thick of all the action.. but really, to have to live in China, I don't think I can do it... the whole environment... just not some place I feel comfortable in.. unless, u can behave like 1 of them, else, u'll forever be the last.. yea.. it did cross my mind, and I did consider moving to Shanghai.. but its going to take a lot for me to make this move..

No comments: