Sunday, March 04, 2007

A tad too adventurous!

Goin on a holidae soon.. will be visitin the french riviera region, french alps, netherlands and finally ending my trip in london. 'Wow' is the most common reaction I've got from ppl who know about my impending trip. I'm certainly lookin forward to the trip!! The pretty scenery, the beaches, the wine, the snow, windmills, coloful flowers... not forgetting marijuana, lots of flesh on display...

I've always loved to travel and make it a point to travel once a year. But its realli realli difficult to find a travel companion. I used to travel with my mum, but backpacking trips just ain't for someone her age. So I turned to frens, but its either due to clash of dates or budget constraints. And best travel buddy is not based in the same continent as I am. I've grown weary of asking ppl if they wanna go on a trip together. Hence, I end up travelling on my own, sometimes for the entire trip, sometimes for part of the trip. Everyone says I'm really adventurous and daring.. but really, its just that I dun wan the lack of a travel khaki to ruin all travelling plans.. it would be such a waste! But it means the no. of white lies told just increase exponentially because my mum can never be allowed to find out!! Luckily its not that difficult to reassure my bro that I can keep safe even when alone..

Frankly, its not exactly any fun to travel alone unless u're really gregarious by nature and can chat up with anyone ard you and make acquiantances along the way. I admit that I'm no such person, so travelling alone sometimes end up really boring, because there's no one to share the joys and sorrows of the trip along the way. Each time I return from a trip, I always tell myself its going to be the last time I travel alone, but before I know it, I'm booked on my next trip, ALONE. *cold laughter*

This time round, I'll be in Brussels and Amsterdam on my own, for a total of about 5-6 days. Its also the first time where I'll be staying in a dormitory, including in a mixed dorm albeit for just 1 nite. Its certainly going to be a really different experience! Am a little worried with Amsterdam's reputation as SIN CITY, but at the same time, am looking forward to it as well.. My last trip to Europe, I had wanted to visit Amsterdam but all the negative comments kept me away. This time round, I'm not going to be bothered with these negative comments but rather see for myself what it really is like. Should it really be that terrible, well, I could cut short my stay, hop onto a train or plane and head back to London anytime.

Well, it does seem a tad too adventurous.. but stay tune for stories from my trip.. ^^

No comments: