Sunday, December 07, 2008

My first attempt at baking

Other than home economics class back in secondary school, this is probably the first time I've attempted baking. Dy suddenly decided that he wants to bake and so gathered a couple of us together. My brother kindly agreed to let us use his place (apparently, its quite difficult to find someone who has an oven at home).

On a early sat morn, we dragged ourselves out of the house and met at Simei to buy the necessary ingredients. The adventure of our baking attempt begins!

At my bro's place, we randomly fiddled to operate the oven.. *ta-da* dy managed to get it working! But only for a min or so.. before the electricity tripped!!! OMG!!! I hope nothing is spoilt by us!! We turned back on the mains, and tried the oven again, again and again... This spelt the end of our baking adventure... =\ The oven never worked again.. oopssss.. I really hoped it wasn't us!

Not willing to give up, we decided to head to dy's house and use the mini oven instead. I must say, his house has almost all the baking tools that you can think of! We should have so headed to his place to begin with..

That's the first cheesecake in the oven.


The right one is the end product while the one on the left is the second cheesecake (we had enough mix to make 2 cheesecakes)


After chilling it overnight, here's the final product!! I have to say, it actually tastes pretty good... don't mind the not so nice looking surface though.. Not too bad for my first baking (and probably cooking) attempt.. LoL!

Looking forward to more baking adventures!!

No comments: