Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hong Kong

Its the 3rd consecutive year that I've headed to Hong Kong.. If it wasn't a family trip, I really would have opted for Phuket instead.

It was a great 4 days of unwinding in Hong Kong, even though I still didn't get the chance to explore much of the place.. 10 of us (incl. my niece and nephew) traveled together! A really large group!! Thankfully, they behaved quite well on the flight and certainly showed no signs of fear of being on a plane.. my niece was afraid of being placed in the bassinet though and screams when anyone tries to put her in.. and my nephew found it quite amusing when the plane lands with the "gong, gong, gong" noise being made as it halts to stop.

it was like a trip to re-live my childhood.. how long has it been since i rode on the horse carousel, flying jumbo elephant, spinning teacups?? I did all those, more than once for each ride even.. haha

it was fun hanging out with my brother and cousins at LKF too.. think the last I travelled with my brother was when I was about 10 maybe. So its been a good 16 years..

but this was a really expensive trip... all expenses paid trip for my mum, plus a dinner treat at Yung Kee, plus shopping, plus forfeiting money on the phuket trip.. oh well, look beyond the $$ I tell myself!!

Link to photos on the right. My niece and nephew are just sooooo CUUUTTTEEE!!!

No comments: