Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Packing

My place is due for upgrading works in the coming week. Workers are gonna come in and make a mess of the place.. so my ever great daddy started packing things away neatly so as to minimise the amount of dust collected over these items.. he inspired me to spring-clean my room at the same time as well..

twenty-plus years and i've accumulated quite a huge load of stuff.. things which I once thought were useful, now seem nothing more than junk.. and I wonder why I had bothered to keep them back then.. i tossed out quite abit of stuff.. prob an equivalent of 4-5 A4 boxes worth of stuff..

as I packed my room, I started to think.. this packing of my room is somewhat akin to me packing up my feelings.. tossing out all those that are nothing more than junk now.. keeping only those worthy of being kept.. so as I pack and toss.. I began feeling a sense of peace and a tinge of happiness.. its been very long.. and its high-time I tossed away all the unnecessary.. to allow myself to move on.. things which I use to hold so dear could one day become nothing more than junk.. where I don't even think twice about throwing them away.. how sad is this? makes me ponder if there's permanence in anything in this world to begin with?

no matter how I know its time to move on.. its difficult.. it took years before I was able to view precious things as junk.. I don't expect to be able to just forget everything overnight.. but at least I know that its possible, just a matter of time..

1 comment:

agrainofsand said...

there's this project that some people have taken: to own not more than 100 items, including clothes and shoes. haha, a bit extreme, but it's food for thought for how much one really needs to go through life.

after having moved for so many times, i totally appreciate the value of having less crap. hehe.