Sunday, August 20, 2006

How ya doin??

Gatherings galore!!

Had a JC gathering on Thurs. Not so much of a class gathering, since there was only 8 of us, the usual few. Dinner was MaLa HuoGuo at Geylang. The table was a little small to sit the 8 of us, but we wanted the round table as it allowed for more interaction. The last we had a class gathering was 1/2 a yr back. We only have gatherings when Winson's back for his hols. We really had to go round the table, updating what each are doing at the moment. The guys are all finally in their final year. It feels so long since I graduated. Though we're all of the same age, I feel 'older' compared to them, because I'm the one who has worked the longest amongst all. So work really makes one feel much older. Hmm, if only I can go back to school, just to feel younger. LOL. It was buffet, so we, or rather I really ate alot. My appetite has been increasing ever since my trip to Melbourne. Arrgghhh.. I'd better watch my food intake, or I'm going to tip (my own) scales!! Its really really great to catch up like this. Totally made me forget everything about work. Next gathering, scheduled for 1/2 a yr later, when Winson is back and will call us out again. Grace's bf sent all the gals home after. Very nice of him, to come all the way from AMK, just to send her home.

There were 2 gatherings scheduled on Fri, both with my ex-colleagues. But given my energy level, only managed to attend one. Sorry to the other group, esp the bdae gal, for not turning up as promised. Had dinner at Vilage. Not a place I would like to have dinner on a Fri night, but the Raffles Place area is quieter, less crowded, and hence, a better choice for a gathering. All of us can be considered to be ex-PwC staff already. The remaining 2 are serving their notice right now. We've all moved out to the different banks, except for 1. She's still going to be in audit, Sydney this time around. I was really surprised to find out about it. She has never made any mention about it and never would have thought that she could leave everything behind and just go off like that. When I found out about it, I could feel the tinge of sadness in me. I wondered to myself, I could've done that, and I'll be out of SG within the next 3 mths. I am still unsure about my new job, so when I heard about her leaving SG audit, all the more I felt upset. Audit is certainly still something that I'm more comfortable with. But one won't learn nor grow if she doesn't step out of her comfort zone right? I've stepped out of mine, and believe that it will allow me to scale greater heights, that is if I have what it takes.

The only 1 left behind in PwC from this team that I used to work with is the manager. He doesn't have a choice. He had his 2 years of fun in Australia, now its time for him to 'pay back'. He's bonded and have about another 1.5 yrs to go. Its farni how he keeps complaining about every other thing to us. Well, 1.5 yrs isn't that long. It'll pass by without you even knowing about it.

The 1 and only thing that I miss most about my ex-firm, is the people. Its like going back to school. All your school peers are working together with you. Seniors in school are now your seniors at work. It was so much fun!! We were not mere colleagues. We are FRIENDS!! I MISS ALL OF YOU!!!

There was supposed to be another gathering on Sat evening. But I was so drained I couldn't make it down at all. Felt so bad for not turning up at the very last minute. I wasn't drained from work, more drained from all other activities that fills my schedule. Have resumed my Jap classes. So now, Saturdays are gone.

Met up with the Sec. sch galfrenz on Sunday. We spent a lazy evening at Parkway. We were talking about investments, about how to make our money work harder rather than just sit in the bank to 'earn' the interest that cannot be seen. Naturally, they all turn to me for advise. Sorry galz, I'm just as clueless as all of you are. Feel so dumb. After all this while, still can't grapple how to go about investing my money. All I know to do is splurge and splurge I did!!! I bought the handphone I've set my eyes on since some time back. It cost quite a bit. Shall take very good care of this phone so that I can use it for a longer period of time! I hate to be out when I'm feeling vexed. I just end up slpurging to make myself feel better. Super bad habit!!

I need to save.
I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save. I need to save.

That's like trying desperately to cast a spell on myself. Sighz.

No comments: