Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Weekend at Pulau Subar Sarat


Vincent had kindly organised this getaway to Sister Island and I happily tagged along. Everything had been taken care of - from applying for permit, logistics, food, games.. all I had to do was to bring myself there.. =)

But I had so wanted to pull out of the trip at the eleventh hour because I hadn't had proper rest over the last 2 weeks and I knew I wouldn't get much sleep out in the open. Also, there was just so much work that I ought to complete over the weekend.

I'm so glad I stuck to the plan and went ahead! I contemplated bringing work along, but thot betta and left that behind. It was a much welcome getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life! It felt so wonderful the moment the boat moved off. The sea breeze was refreshing under the sunny sky. When we got to small sis island, we were the only ones there! Our private island for the weekend. Splendid!

Perhaps being on the island made it difficult for me to feel the stress at work. As I sat at the breakwater chatting away with friends, listening to the waves gently falling against the rocks and watching the sunset.. I felt peace.. and wished the weekend would not end. Dinner was sumptuous. Really, I was only expecting something like instant noodles for dinner. I was pleasantly surprise! We had all the typical bbq food like chicken wings, sausages, nuggets, prawns, potatoes, yam, corn and for a balance diet, vegetable soup (incl. mushrooms, prawns, dofu). I was amazed by the food I/C. It was certainly a very satisfying dinner.

After night fall, we sat waiting for the fireworks since it was the national day parade preview. Albeit small, we saw the fireworks! But none of the cameras could capture that as it was too far away. Supper was durians. I was simply amazed that they even bothered to bring durians! haha! Played brainless games in the night and laughed so hard that my sides hurt.

Mozzies and the hot weather kept most of us up through the night. But that meant we could catch the sunrise, which we did, albeit slighly late. Beautiful sunrise!

Breakfast was equally great! Peanut porridge, softboiled eggs (complete with soy sauce and pepper), toast (with kaya and butter). I don't even have such a spread at home.. LoL!

Then it was time for us bid farewell and return to the concrete jungle.. but we'll be back!

No comments: